Ronnielle Forums
Please login (: to Ronnielle Forums

xoxo
Ronnielle Forums
Please login (: to Ronnielle Forums

xoxo
Ronnielle Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ronnielle Forums

A place for Eastenders Fans to talk to one another about Eastenders! :) .. NO Spamming or you will be banned!

HomeAnnouncementsGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kara Tointon and Ricky Groves to leave

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Kara Tointon and Ricky Groves to leave Empty
PostSubject: Kara Tointon and Ricky Groves to leave   Kara Tointon and Ricky Groves to leave I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 10:38 am

EastEnders screen couple Kara Tointon and Ricky Groves are to be written out of the BBC soap.

The contracts of the pair were allegedly up for renewal this summer, but the soap's producers took the decision to write them out in a storyline which sees their characters' relationship put to the test.

Speaking of the move, 25-year-old Tointon, who has played unlucky-in-love mother Dawn Swann since 2005, said: "Being at EastEnders has been the best four years of my life. The show has given me fantastic opportunities and I've been able to learn so much from the people I've worked with. I will always hold the show dear to my heart and will continue to be an avid fan."

She added: "I'm excited about what the next few months have in store for Dawn and as an actress I look forward to trying new roles."

Meanwhile, Groves, 40, commented: "It is coming on to ten years now that I have been at EastEnders. The programme has been very kind to me over the years and it has been a wonderful experience playing the role of the loveable Garry Hobbs. However now seems a good time to try new opportunities and I am looking forward to exploring new things."

Executive producer Diederick Santer said of the move: "EastEnders has benefited hugely from Ricky and Kara's great performances over the last few years. As individuals and together Garry and Dawn have had their share of comedy, drama and excitement and Ricky and Kara have delivered it all with talent, skill and flair."

He added: "They've got some fantastic stuff to come - this spring and summer sees their love truly put to the test - and they go with our thanks and very best wishes."

Meanwhile, an insider teased: "There's another spanner in the works to come for the hapless mechanic when his relationship with Dawn is once against tested this summer. Will there be a happy ending or will they go their separate ways when they leave Walford?"

The pair will remain filming until summer and will bow out on screen later in the year.
Back to top Go down
nikki
Elite poster
Elite poster
nikki

PostSubject: Re: Kara Tointon and Ricky Groves to leave   Kara Tointon and Ricky Groves to leave I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 10:41 am

I cant say i'm sorry that Ricky is leaving...have never really seen much point to Garry and I think him being with Dawn is just wrong to be honest, there's no chemistry between them and it's always been a one-way thing.

I'll be sorry to see Kara leaving as she's a brilliant actress so I hope she gets into other TV shows cos she's brill.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kara Tointon and Ricky Groves to leave   Kara Tointon and Ricky Groves to leave I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 10:44 am

I like Garry when hes with Minty sometimes but i just find him pointless,i like Dawn though
Back to top Go down
em-j
Elite poster
Elite poster
em-j

PostSubject: Re: Kara Tointon and Ricky Groves to leave   Kara Tointon and Ricky Groves to leave I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 11:59 am

For me, Garry is one of those characters that can just leave and I wouldn't be that bothered. Even though he's been on Eastenders for nearly 10 years, I don't feel there is much attachment to him as a character for the viewers... He does funny stuff sometimes, but anyone can do that .. try Billy and Minty or make Tanya a comic with Jane as Jo Joyner was a comidien before Eastenders.
Back to top Go down
nikki
Elite poster
Elite poster
nikki

PostSubject: Re: Kara Tointon and Ricky Groves to leave   Kara Tointon and Ricky Groves to leave I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 12:05 pm

I think that Jo Joyner is such a good actress, her scenes are ALWAYS totally convincing, it amazes me how she does it, especially in crying scenes. Garry is one of those 'part of the furniture' characters I find.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kara Tointon and Ricky Groves to leave   Kara Tointon and Ricky Groves to leave I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 12:07 pm

Tracey behind the bar is wierd you see her in nearly every pub scence but she never speaks except the occasional time like when she shouted at Danielle the other day.
Back to top Go down
nikki
Elite poster
Elite poster
nikki

PostSubject: Re: Kara Tointon and Ricky Groves to leave   Kara Tointon and Ricky Groves to leave I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 12:11 pm

Lol imagine spending your life doing that - being on the set of the most well-known and famed British soap and hardly saying a word!! I remember being quite shocked when Tracy was given a scene with Sean that time not long ago.
Back to top Go down
em-j
Elite poster
Elite poster
em-j

PostSubject: Re: Kara Tointon and Ricky Groves to leave   Kara Tointon and Ricky Groves to leave I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 12:18 pm

And Sam Mitchell, when she was attacked..

I wonder what the longest time is that Tracey has gone without saying a line ??

Razz:P Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
nikki
Elite poster
Elite poster
nikki

PostSubject: Re: Kara Tointon and Ricky Groves to leave   Kara Tointon and Ricky Groves to leave I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 12:21 pm

Oh yeahhh, ahh I loved Sam Mitchell.

HAha probably like 10 years Razz
Back to top Go down
em-j
Elite poster
Elite poster
em-j

PostSubject: Re: Kara Tointon and Ricky Groves to leave   Kara Tointon and Ricky Groves to leave I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 12:34 pm

Haha, is it confirmed that Daniella Westbrook is coming back or is it still up in the Walford air ??
Back to top Go down
nikki
Elite poster
Elite poster
nikki

PostSubject: Re: Kara Tointon and Ricky Groves to leave   Kara Tointon and Ricky Groves to leave I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 12:36 pm

Still up in the air. As usual the Beeb won't confirm anything. I would prefer Kim Medcalf to be coming back to be honest.
Back to top Go down
RitaSimonsLover
RitaSimonsLover

PostSubject: Re: Kara Tointon and Ricky Groves to leave   Kara Tointon and Ricky Groves to leave I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 12:38 pm

nikki wrote:
Still up in the air. As usual the Beeb won't confirm anything. I would prefer Kim Medcalf to be coming back to be honest.

Same here
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kara Tointon and Ricky Groves to leave   Kara Tointon and Ricky Groves to leave I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 3:41 pm

Kara Tointon and Ricky Groves to leave News-e10
Kara Tointon and Ricky Groves to leave News-e11
Kara Tointon and Ricky Groves to leave News-e12
Kara Tointon and Ricky Groves to leave News-e13
Kara Tointon and Ricky Groves to leave News-e14
Back to top Go down
Faye
Elite poster
Elite poster
Faye

PostSubject: Re: Kara Tointon and Ricky Groves to leave   Kara Tointon and Ricky Groves to leave I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 3:54 pm

Aawww!
Back to top Go down
em-j
Elite poster
Elite poster
em-j

PostSubject: Re: Kara Tointon and Ricky Groves to leave   Kara Tointon and Ricky Groves to leave I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 7:36 am

Good ridence
Back to top Go down
Faye
Elite poster
Elite poster
Faye

PostSubject: Re: Kara Tointon and Ricky Groves to leave   Kara Tointon and Ricky Groves to leave I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 8:50 am

ditto Razz Razz !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kara Tointon and Ricky Groves to leave   Kara Tointon and Ricky Groves to leave I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 9:25 am

Her dress is cute though Razz
Back to top Go down
WishUponAStar
WishUponAStar

PostSubject: Re: Kara Tointon and Ricky Groves to leave   Kara Tointon and Ricky Groves to leave I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 10:22 am

I agree - I love her dress! Very Happy
I love Dawn's character though - it'll be so strange without her Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kara Tointon and Ricky Groves to leave   Kara Tointon and Ricky Groves to leave I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kara Tointon and Ricky Groves to leave
Page 1 of 1