Ronnielle Forums
Please login (: to Ronnielle Forums

xoxo
Ronnielle Forums
Please login (: to Ronnielle Forums

xoxo
Ronnielle Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ronnielle Forums

A place for Eastenders Fans to talk to one another about Eastenders! :) .. NO Spamming or you will be banned!

HomeAnnouncementsGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

EastEnders stars recieve paycut

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
fabfriend7
Elite poster
Elite poster
fabfriend7

Character sheet
i really have no idea what this game is lol:
EastEnders stars recieve paycut Left_bar_bleue2/2EastEnders stars recieve paycut Empty_bar_bleue  (2/2)

EastEnders stars recieve paycut Empty
PostSubject: EastEnders stars recieve paycut   EastEnders stars recieve paycut I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 12:28 pm

EastEnders stars have reportedly been told by BBC executives to choose between taking a 15% pay cut or having less time on screen.

According to The Mirror, Barbara Windsor and Steve McFadden, who star as Peggy and Phil Mitchell, will see their £360,000 salaries reduced by around £54,000. Meanwhile, Pam St Clement (Pat Evans) will have £49,500 knocked off her £330,000 yearly income and Adam Woodyatt, who plays Ian Beale, will earn £263,500 annually rather than £310,000.

An insider on the soap said: "Everybody realises there is a recession on and everybody has to do their bit. But some of the stars feel like they are being bullied into taking a pay cut. The licence fee has stayed the same and the same money is coming in.

"Yet the people who bring in the viewers are being told they have to take a cut. It is not fair and a lot of people are unhappy. Everyone who comes in can't work on other shows so they can't cut their hours and pick up work elsewhere."

However, a BBC source said: "Most of the cast understand the reason behind the cuts and just appreciate having work in these difficult times when so many people are struggling financially."

Earlier this week, Jonathan Creek actor Alan Davies revealed that he was accepting a pay cut. Other celebrities are also seeing their salaries fall.

A BBC spokesperson added: "EastEnders, along with other BBC programmes, has to reduce its budget over the next few years. Talent salaries are not excluded when looking to make these savings."
Back to top Go down
em-j
Elite poster
Elite poster
em-j

PostSubject: Re: EastEnders stars recieve paycut   EastEnders stars recieve paycut I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 4:37 pm

What a shame.. They are still being paid more than the average person 5x over
Back to top Go down
fabfriend7
Elite poster
Elite poster
fabfriend7

Character sheet
EastEnders stars recieve paycut Left_bar_bleue2/2EastEnders stars recieve paycut Empty_bar_bleue  (2/2)

PostSubject: Re: EastEnders stars recieve paycut   EastEnders stars recieve paycut I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 4:38 pm

yea lol
Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EastEnders stars recieve paycut   EastEnders stars recieve paycut I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 4:17 am

least it dosent say anything about Sam Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Faye
Elite poster
Elite poster
Faye

PostSubject: Re: EastEnders stars recieve paycut   EastEnders stars recieve paycut I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 4:53 am

I really don't get why actor's get paid that much!
Back to top Go down
fabfriend7
Elite poster
Elite poster
fabfriend7

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: EastEnders stars recieve paycut   EastEnders stars recieve paycut I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 4:53 am

me too
Back to top Go down
Faye
Elite poster
Elite poster
Faye

PostSubject: Re: EastEnders stars recieve paycut   EastEnders stars recieve paycut I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 4:57 am

I mean it's not like they're doing anything particularly mentally or physically hard Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
fabfriend7
Elite poster
Elite poster
fabfriend7

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: EastEnders stars recieve paycut   EastEnders stars recieve paycut I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 4:58 am

yea
and they dont even have to do their own stunts
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EastEnders stars recieve paycut   EastEnders stars recieve paycut I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EastEnders stars recieve paycut
Page 1 of 1