Ronnielle Forums
Please login (: to Ronnielle Forums

xoxo
Ronnielle Forums
Please login (: to Ronnielle Forums

xoxo
Ronnielle Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ronnielle Forums

A place for Eastenders Fans to talk to one another about Eastenders! :) .. NO Spamming or you will be banned!

HomeAnnouncementsGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rita Simons interview

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Rita Simons interview Empty
PostSubject: Rita Simons interview   Rita Simons interview I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 2:33 am

Ronnie and Roxy's estranged mother Glenda (Glynis Barber) turned up in Walford last night, much to the surprise of the Mitchell sisters - and to Peggy's disdain.

But what does the face behind the youngest Mitchell sister - played by the hilarious Rita Simons - think about her screen mother's arrival?

Rita Simons interview Glenda10

How much does Glynis Barber look like Sam Womack?!
"It's crazy, isn't it?! What we've come to realise is that Roxy got all of her genes from Archie and Ronnie got all her genes from Glenda. If you think about it, I look a bit like Larry - hopefully not as tall and manly. Sam has that chiselled look that Glynis has. Ronnie speaks very nicely like Glynis and I talk like Larry because I'm from the same part of London that he's from. A real mummy's girl and a real daddy's girl."

Why's Roxy so wary of her mother?
"She's a proper daddy's girl and there's probably an element of Archie having twisted the girls' minds against their mother. Also, Roxy was very young when Glenda upped and left, so for any 12-year-old girl whose mother leaves when her sister's pregnant, you're not going to want to have much to do with her when she resurfaces. Ronnie was essentially Roxy's mum, so Roxy doesn't feel like she needs anybody else. Roxy's done okay up to now without her and she just thinks that Glenda has no right vying for her daughters' affections."

The Mitchells attend Archie's will reading in The Vic during next week's episodes of EastEnders in order to discover who and how much of his estate the late entrepreneur has bequeathed. Still devastated by the loss of her father, Roxy - played by 32-year-old Rita Simons - turns up for closure, while Peggy hopes that her husband has left her the pub. Meanwhile, Archie's ex-wife Glenda and most recent dalliance Janine turn out to see how much he thought they were worth. Here, we chat to Rita about will week, the Christmas twist with Archie and Stacey and whether she thinks Roxy could have killed her father.

What's it been like on set since Larry Lamb's departure?
"It's been really weird! It's certainly quiet. He's such a big presence, so you know when he's about. He was very, very much a father figure to me - I felt like daddy's little girl. You become so involved with your characters - Sam [Womack] and I think we're sisters and that Larry's our dad! Barbara's going, too, so it's doubly weird. You have to get on with it, though, because cast can come and go very quickly."

As Rita, did you ever think that Archie could be capable of something like that with Stacey?
"I was shocked at that twist! I realise that Archie's evil but because I'm so close to my own character, I always see the good in Archie and I can't help but feel a little protective. I was completely gobsmacked, it's an awful thing for Archie to have done."

Who do you think killed Archie?

"I absolutely don't have a clue! There are so many of them and I know what they're like here, they like to pin it on the most unsuspecting person! In fact, I keep thinking it must be me because I'm pretty much the only non-suspect!"

Do you think Roxy could have brought herself to kill her father?

"In the last few days of his life, Roxy finally snapped and saw him for what he was. Me and Sam were in tears during that scene because Larry was really going for us! Even though she was fuming, though, I still don't think she could do it because after he was dead, she was still saying, 'He's my dad and I could forgive anything'. I just don't think she has it in her."

It's the week of the will reading, how's Roxy feeling?
"Roxy's just getting on with life for Amy's sake but she's obviously devastated about her dad. Her mother Glenda's turned up, too, so that's doing her head in because Roxy can't stand her. Roxy just doesn't really care about the will reading - she's not materialistic about her dad because she just wants him back. She sits back and watches everyone fight over who'll get her dad's money. Roxy sits back from the rest of the circle - she's only there out of interest."

Does anybody have any idea what Archie's left in his will?
"Like everyone else, Roxy fears that it'll be Janine who gets the lot. Peggy thinks that it's going to be her who is bequeathed everything but there's this whole debate over whether Archie was still married to Glenda or not - and in turn whether his marriage to Peggy was valid. It's anyone's game. Roxy's so numb though that she's not paying any attention."

How does it feel to finally be exploring the missing part of the family puzzle?

"What's been great for Sam and I is that we got to do a good couple of years finding ourselves as characters. Then our dad was brought in and now our mum. A lot of people turn up in Walford and have to play out their family history there and then, but we've been lucky to have been able to find out all about our family before they turned up. It was so easy for us to find the emotion behind the story because we've been talking about them for three years. It's been really good to play because it's been the missing link for the Mitchell sisters."

Are you looking forward to the live episode?
"I wasn't but now I am! I've done so much work on the stage acting and singing, but the minute you're doing your safe, cushty job live on television, you suddenly realise that there's no room for errors. And if you've seen any of the blooper shows, you'll know that we're prone to the giggles. I'm looking forward to when it's over! We know it's looming, so I'd just like to see the script and then I'd be happier. The adrenaline on the night, though, is going to be so up there. Everyone's going to be so excited and nervous."

Last edited by eastendersranddfan on Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ronnieanddaniellefan
Elite poster
Elite poster
ronnieanddaniellefan

PostSubject: Re: Rita Simons interview   Rita Simons interview I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 4:28 am

awww i love rita Very Happy Its nice to hear how genuine sam and ritas bond is Very Happy The live episode is going to be fantastic! I wouldnt mind sam and rita laughing xD
Back to top Go down
R and D Fan
Elite poster
Elite poster
R and D Fan

PostSubject: Re: Rita Simons interview   Rita Simons interview I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 12:19 pm

Thanks for posting - it was a good interview.
Back to top Go down
Alex_91
new user
new user
Alex_91

PostSubject: Re: Rita Simons interview   Rita Simons interview I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 2:18 pm

Thank you so much for posting this Smile xx
Back to top Go down
RipDani
Admin
Admin
RipDani

PostSubject: Re: Rita Simons interview   Rita Simons interview I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 9:35 am

when is the live episode?
Back to top Go down
https://ronnielle.forumotion.com
Ronnielleno1fanforeva!
Elite poster
Elite poster
Ronnielleno1fanforeva!

Character sheet
i really have no idea what this game is lol:
Rita Simons interview Left_bar_bleue2/2Rita Simons interview Empty_bar_bleue  (2/2)

PostSubject: Re: Rita Simons interview   Rita Simons interview I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 10:00 am

19th Feb xx Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RipDani
Admin
Admin
RipDani

PostSubject: Re: Rita Simons interview   Rita Simons interview I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 10:03 am

that long ,cant wait Sad
Back to top Go down
https://ronnielle.forumotion.com
Ronnielleno1fanforeva!
Elite poster
Elite poster
Ronnielleno1fanforeva!

Character sheet
i really have no idea what this game is lol:
Rita Simons interview Left_bar_bleue2/2Rita Simons interview Empty_bar_bleue  (2/2)

PostSubject: Re: Rita Simons interview   Rita Simons interview I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 10:04 am

yea me neither xx Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rita Simons interview   Rita Simons interview I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rita Simons interview
Page 1 of 1