Ronnielle Forums
Please login (: to Ronnielle Forums

xoxo
Ronnielle Forums
Please login (: to Ronnielle Forums

xoxo
Ronnielle Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ronnielle Forums

A place for Eastenders Fans to talk to one another about Eastenders! :) .. NO Spamming or you will be banned!

HomeAnnouncementsGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Barbara Windsor films final 'Enders scene

Go down 
AuthorMessage
fabfriend7
Elite poster
Elite poster
fabfriend7

Character sheet
i really have no idea what this game is lol:
Barbara Windsor films final 'Enders scene Left_bar_bleue2/2Barbara Windsor films final 'Enders scene Empty_bar_bleue  (2/2)

Barbara Windsor films final 'Enders scene Empty
PostSubject: Barbara Windsor films final 'Enders scene   Barbara Windsor films final 'Enders scene I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 2:23 am

EastEnders legend Barbara Windsor has filmed her final scene for the soap after almost 16 years in the part of Peggy Mitchell.

The 72-year-old performed in the role for the last time yesterday (Friday), bringing her long history with the Albert Square serial to a close.

After completing her final scene, the actress hugged fellow cast members Samantha Womack (Ronnie), Rita Simons (Roxy) and Glynis Barber (Glenda) and gave a speech which reflected on her time with the programme.

Speaking of Windsor's exit, Womack commented: "There was a line in a script, 'You have always been like a mother to me', and that summed it up perfectly for me. Barbara took myself and Rita under her wing from the day we started and it's a wrench to let her go. We will miss her dearly and we will definitely stay in touch - she won't be able to get rid of us!"

Simons added: "I am really going to miss Barbara. On set, Barbara is like my honorary real-life auntie. She is a great mentor and she's taught me so much. Barbara is such a professional and it has been an honour to work with her. She is truly supportive and she will be greatly missed at EastEnders."

Meanwhile, June Brown - who plays Walford's Dot Branning - said: "I shall miss her enormously and she is a wonderful friend. I will miss our lunches, coffee and catching up on gossip!"

Windsor announced her decision to quit EastEnders last October, explaining that she was keen to spend more time with her husband Scott Mitchell.

Details surrounding Peggy's exit are still being kept under wraps by the soap's producers. However, it has been confirmed that, as shooting does not take place in order, the final scene Windsor recorded yesterday will not be the last one to air on screen featuring her character.
Back to top Go down

Barbara Windsor films final 'Enders scene
Page 1 of 1